Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TO BE OR NOT TO BE

Everyone has heard the famous "to be or not to be" phrase. But what does it really mean?
TO BE OR NOT TO BE that is the question. Many would argue that this is Hamlet contemplating committing suicide. But then you get more in depth of the speech and then you realize that its him wanting to become someone new.  "Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep No more; and by a sleep, to say we end". He wants to become this new person by putting an end to all of the problems in his life. The level of meaning that spoke out to me was to act on what you know to be true in order to hold yourself in higher esteem. This is what I was saying. Hamlet knows what he must do to make his life better. The path that i will take in my own life is i will speak my mind more and make the right decisions to benefit myself in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment